Booking Apartments at the Empire in Muizenberg
Self-Catering Apartments, Vacation Rentals, Holiday Homes, Air BnB Rentals and more.
MUi Stays has several property listings within the famous Empire Building in Muizenberg. This apartment complex is situated on Beach Road and is directly opposite the main Muizenberg Beach area, and the iconic surfers corner. Muizenberg is the oldest surfing town in South Africa, if not Africa, and surfers corner in Muizenberg was where it all began.
The building overlooks the famous Muizenberg Beach Huts. One of Cape Towns’ most iconic images. The huts have been a regular feature of Muizenberg since the late 19th century. In the mid 1900’s someone decided to paint their hut all different colours (reasons unknown) and this set a trend, culminating in the multi coloured landmarks we see today. The huts are currently being restored by The Beach Hut Trust, an initiative started by local residents including ourselves. (www.beachhuts.org.za)
Visitors who book apartments in the Empire building usually do so for its great access to the beach and close proximity to the surfing culture that is the heart of the town. Offering high speed internet also makes it ideal for the digital nomads and remote working generation.
If you are travelling in a group, the complex is ideal in that it offers multiple apartments in a co-located complex, where the groups can have their own private apartments, while still being close to the group.
MUi STAYS offers visitors the chance to book an amazing penthouse apartment or if you are travelling light, a one bedroom studio. All apartments come fully equipped and if you have any special requirements, we are always willing to help. Whether it is for business, relocating or simply for a weekend surf break. The Empire building has everything on offer that you need to enjoy your time in this iconic surf town.
Top reasons why people book apartments in The Empire Building, Muizenberg.
- Close proximity to Muizenberg Beach and surfers corner.
- Central location to all that Cape Town has to offer (30min to Cape Town city centre, 30min to winelands, and 30min to Cape Point nature reserve)
- Eclectic lifestyle, coffee shops and emersion into the surf culture.
- Perfect and secure apartments for business travellers, in close proximity to the southern peninsula business districts and only 30min from Cape Town airport.
- Hike the mountain. The entire Table Mountain National Park is on your doorstep.
- Tourist activities abound, from shark diving from Simon’s Town, to wine tasting in the Constantia wine valley, to touring the peninsula or even day trips to Cape Town city centre. It’s all just here!
The Empire Building is a well managed and secure complex, offering visitors to the surfing mecca many great amenities.
- Everything is in walking distance, from grocery stores to medical clinics.
- Coffee shops and restaurants are on your doorstep.
- Surf shops and surfboard rentals and lessons are available only mere few paces away.
- Parking is provided underground and is completely secure.
- There is 24hr security at the front desk.
- The MUi STAYS team are at your service whenever you need them.
Things you need to know when booking into the Empire Building in Muizenberg.
- The building is primarily a residential building and guests in the building are required to adhere to the rules established by the managing body corporate.
- The building operates very secure access control, and guests are encouraged to arrive early to complete their security checkin and COVID screening. All guests are required to be registered with security.
- The building doesn’t allow visitors. If you are not checked in, you will not be allowed into the complex. This is for the security of all residents of the complex.
If you would like to find out more about the Empire Building and how it may suit your travel needs, then please be sure to get in touch with the team at MUi STAYS.